This weekend, a couple of old friends visited me from New York and Delhi. Whenever we get together we eat copious amounts of cheese…and pizza…and ribs…and pasta…and butter chicken…and you get the picture. Last time they came to visit we finished an entire wheel of goat brie in less than 5 minutes! It must have been some kind of world record.
This year, to celebrate their visit as well as the fourth of July we decided to make some baked camembert. Before we popped it in the oven we slathered it with fig jam and sprinkled it with walnuts. After the cheese had been baked, we immediately sprinkled it with blueberries and raspberries and devoured it with crackers! It was delicious–gooey, creamy, and so satisfying. The saltiness of the camembert paired perfectly with the sweet fig jam. The warm cheese was perfect with the cool, sweet-tart, and super fresh berries. This is a perfect appetizer or snack to share with friends. Make it this fourth of July to celebrate!
Baked Camembert with Fig Jam and Walnuts
|Prep:||Cook:||Yield: serves 6 as an appetizer||Total:|
Delicious melty camembert with fig jam and walnuts, I don't blame you if you'd like to dive in head first!
- 1 large slice of camembert, or 1 small wheel
- 1 Tbsp. fig jam
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- Fresh raspberries and blueberries
- Crackers for eating
- Preheat the oven to 325F or 160C
- Place the cheese in an oven proof dish. Do not use a baking dish if you do not have a complete wheel because the cheese will melt everywhere. Spread the fig jam over the cheese and sprinkle the walnuts over it as well.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh raspberries and blueberries. Serve with lots of crackers and lots of extra fruit! Enjoy!